Friday, April 30, 2010

Friday Nite Fun wit tha Homeboyz

I'm so good at this bloggin business! A 1/year average is pretty solid. . .I think! Anyways I am writing right now, because I find myself awake at 12:45 am with nothing to do. Sure, there is the obvious recourse of sleeping, but what a mundane existence that would be. I closed out the first week of classes for my spring term, a term of 9 credits which is supposed to be equivalent to 18 in a normal semester, sounds like death, but it doesn't seem like it'll present itself as too big of a threat--at least not yet. Because it is Spring, nearly everyone is gone, lets be honest the only person I really care to kick it with tons is Freddie, but he is in NOLA until the 19th. So instead I hung with my 2 favorite peeps in the whole state, Jack and Tommy.

There were people over, and like usual Tommy and I did not want to be social. I had just gotten home from the gym and was starving, Tommy was a little flustered from the day, and Jack had nothing to do, so we headed out! We first went to Sonic and had a good time doing the usual. . . making fun of people/things. Sidenote: Sonic = bad idea after gym, especially when TRYING to stick to a stick regimen. Next we went to Jack & Jill's bowling, where we totally lucked out, COSMIC bowling!!! None od us were very good, but the coolest thing was that as Jack felt demoralized, Tommy sacrificed himself/his score to try and make Jack feel better. Tommy intentionally threw gutter balls, or would bowl in weird ways, and would go out of his way to TRY and help Jack. Despite his best efforts, Jack was set on being miserable, but I was so struck by Tommy's maturity and love for Jack that he cared more about seeing Jack have fun than he cared about breaking 100. I learned from Tommy's example, he's the man!

On the way home Jack cheered up, as I first told him we were gonna get tattoos, and then we played a game with the radio. . . all in all it was a successful night. Where would I be without my two homeboys (whose combined age equals mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment